T. H. Davidson & Co.
|Company:||T. H. Davidson & Co.|
|Amount of Bond:||$4,600,000|
|Interest Rate:||4.8% floating|
|Type of Project:||Concrete Manufacturing|
|Bond Issued:||November 1999|
In November of 1999, WKRDA issued a bond in the amount of $4,600,000 for T. H. Davidson & Co. The company established new concrete manufacturing facilities in Will County at New Lenox and Orland Park. The New Lenox facility was 5,000 sq. ft. on 5 acres and the Orland Park facility was 22,000 sqft on 7.5 acres. The facilities include a completely enclosed batching system, landscaped, fenced and bermed site, concrete paved traffic areas, wet batch process, storm water detention, underground and covered conveyer system, computer controlled mixing and material handling, central dust control systems. The projects created 21 new jobs within three years.
T.H. Davidson & Co. was founded in 1921 by Thomas Henry Davidson in Orland Park Illinois. This company was in the Road and Bridge building industry until just after WWII, when the focus gradually shifted to building material, coal and fuel oil. In 1955 William Davidson launched the ready mixed concrete operation at the present site in Orland Park. The company gradually phased out of the coal and fuel oil business and concentrated more on the production of Ready Mixed concrete. T.H. Davidson was incorporated in 1973. In 1993 a new round of expansion was started. During this time several internal improvements were made to the production facilities to streamline operations and increase efficiency.